An easy chocolate chip cookie recipe for a cookie that is soft and chewy on the inside and full of melt-in-your-mouth flavor.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 sticks of unsalted real butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips or chunks (or about 2 1/2 cups)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda, and set aside.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixer bowl and blend on medium just until butter and sugars are blended and smooth.
- Add eggs and vanila and give a quick mix.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix on medium speed until all the flour is incorporated.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and mix until the chips are mixed evenly.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment or plastic wrap and wrap tightly. Place dough in the refrigerator to chill. (see notes)
- Once the dough is chilled pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. and place the oven rack in the top position.
- Scoop chilled dough onto lined baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes (ovens may vary) and bake until the tops are just set and the edges start to brown.
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and place it on top of the stove to cool. Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for a few minutes to cool and set them before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, serve immedietely or store airtight at room temperature for up to a week.