A quick and easy classic hummus recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Put half of the chickpeas into a blender or food processor
- Add the water, olive oil, salt, lemon, tahini, and garlic.
- Add the rest of the chickpeas on top and blend ingredients.
- Blend until smooth adding more or less salt, oil, and tahini to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to a few days.
You can use freshly boiled chickpeas or canned. For dry beans, soak them overnight and then boil them for about an hour or until they are soft.