This easy ranch dip recipe is made with nonfat plain Greek yogurt and simple ingredients for a healthy version. This recipe tastes great with vegetables for a guilt-free snack. You can tweak the consistency and use it as a dipping sauce or drizzle it on a salad.
You can make this version of homemade ranch dip with fresh or dried herbs and seasonings. Use what you have on hand and try to incorporate fresh herbs and seasonings if you can. Using fresh lemon will make a big difference. If you don’t have any fresh dill on hand you can always add a tsp of pickle juice.
Making your own ranch dip gives you the opportunity to tweak it to your liking. Anything that tastes great and is healthy is a win-win.
How to make easy ranch dressing
This recipe uses Greek yogurt, lemon added to milk for buttermilk, and a touch of vinegar. Blended with a touch of honey balances the tangy flavors with a hint of sweetness.
If you use fresh herbs keep in mind that dried herbs and seasonings tend to have more flavor per teaspoon. If you use fresh chopped herbs you can add a bit more. If you are using fresh garlic start with one minced clove at a time it can easily overpower.
Most of the time I use what I have on hand. Use green onion or chives instead of fresh red, yellow, or white onions for a better less intense flavor.
How to store a homemade ranch dip
Store ranch dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
YES. This dip actually tastes best after if refrigerated for at least 30 minutes to an hour for the flavors to marinate.
can you freeze this ranch dip recipe?
Nope. I would not recommend freezing this dip. Since this is pretty quick and simple I would suggest making it fresh.
Easy Ranch Dip Recipe
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk I use skim
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh or dried dill leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives or minced green onion or both
- In a medium bowl pour 1/4 cup of milk and add the lemon and vinegar to the milk, whisk, and let sit about 5 minutes. This will create buttermilk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk it well, add more or less milk depending on desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.