These are mini candy recipe in seashell shapes for a summer dessert decorations or toppings.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 drops white food coloring
- In a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer attached to the side, (not touching bottom) add sugar, water, and corn syrup to the pan and stir.
- Turn stovetop to medium heat and bring mixture to a slight simmer. Carefully watch temperature as it cooks. Bring mixture to 200 degrees, then slightly raise temperate to medium-medium high heat (slightly above medium).
Carefully monitor temperature, bring mixture up to 300 degrees. Once it hits 300 degrees, which may take 15-20 minutes remove from heat and immediately add food coloring. Stir food coloring carefully, it will be very hot.
- Immediately pour into molds. I use oven mitts to handle and pour into small heatproof silicone cups to hep pour into molds without making too much of a mess.
Once poured into molds I place in freezer for about 15 minutes to cool and set.
- Brush the shells with confectioners sugar once cooled to prevent sticking.