Makes two 9 inch pie crusts.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 sticks unsalted butter diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Place water in a small cup and place in freezer for a few minutes.
- Whisk flour, salt, cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Cut butter into cubes and add to flour mixture. Place flour mixture and butter in a food processor and pulse together a few times until you see course crumbs, then add ice water slowly through feed chute and pulse until the dough starts to come together. Or, cut dough with a pastry cutter starting with butter and flour mixture then add water and incorporate until dough comes together and resembles course crumbs.
- Place dough on a floured work space or on parchment paper. Working the dough in your hands bring the dough together and form two separate sections and wrapped tightly with plastic wrap or parchment paper and set in fridge to chill.
Do not over work dough. You want to see small chunks of butter in dough as you roll it out.
Use a floured surface and floured hands to handle to prevent sticking.