- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4–5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup ground peppermint candy canes
- Using chilled butter, place stick of butter in the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat for a few seconds, add milk, vanilla and confectioners sugar 1 cup at a time.
- keep adding more sugar until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Once the frosting is done, add ground candy canes and blend well.
- Place in piping bag and frost cooled cupcakes.
- Top with additional crumbled candy canes.
Keep cupcakes refrigerated, they are good for about 4-5 days if refrigerated.